Miso soup is light, yet it’s really filling as well. I find it helps me get
grounded after a long day at work. The optional ingredients in this
recipe add a yummy twist to the broth.
- 3 cups purified water
- 1 green onion, thinly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Pinch of mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons chickpea or barley miso (also called red miso)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Optional: handful of sprouts of your choice, 2 tablespoons chopped
- tomato, 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
Directions: Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Reduce heat and stir in the green onion, ginger, garlic and mustard powder. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add miso paste and stir until dissolved. Add the sesame oil, lemon juice and optional ingredients of your choice. Ladle a serving into a bowl and enjoy.