We all have more than enough reasons to hate flies. From their annoying buzzing to their infuriating habit of landing on you, your food, and cleaned utensils when you’re certain they’ve been somewhere feasting on poop. As such, they should just be eliminated at all cost.
And here are some few tips to help you out:
- Well, before killing, you can repel them using mint. Place several sachets of crushed mints all around the house to discourage the flies from entering. Alternatively, wrap cloves, bay leaves, and eucalyptus in small cheesecloth squares and hung then around open doors and windows.
- Put clover and sweet basil in a small container, and then leave it open near open food, particularly pet food.
- Poor a few drops of eucalyptus on a piece of absorbent cloth. This will deter flies, especially where they love to swarm most.
- Clean countertops using apple cider vinegar.
Make your own flypaper. Here’s the recipe:
- Cut a strong brown paper (like an old grocery paper) into 6 to 10 inch long strips. Then punch a hole at the top and thread a string for hanging.
- Mix 1 part water with 1 part sugar and 1 part honey in a saucepan and then heat until the mixture is well-combined.
- Once done, give it some time to cool. Then, dip each of the brown paper strips into the mixture and suspend them in a tray to dry.
- When dry, hang the paper everywhere the flies like dangling.