Massages, in general, are known to help facilitate blood flow in your body, and it benefits hair follicles and the hair itself. When you massage your hair, you are encouraging glowing and fast-growing hair.
On a cultural note, South Asian women, known for growing their hair to great lengths, often massage their hair with oils in order to encourage strong and shiny locks.
Here’s how you proceed with a scalp massage:
1. First, decide if you want to massage your hair with no oil or with oil. Both are totally fine, but oils may assist in speeding hair growth, keeping it supple, improving circulation, or relieving an itchy scalp. Here’s a list of ideal oils for scalp massaging:
- Peppermint oil, which will help improve blood circulation.
- Tea tree oil, which will help with an itchy and dry scalp.
- Almond and castor oil, which will help promote hair growth.
- And lastly coconut oil, which you can never go wrong with for anything.
2. Sit down in a calm room where you can take advantage of the soothing effect of the massage. Apply the oil of your choice, if you’re using it, to the scalp with the tips of your fingers.
3. Start massaging at the front of your head, beginning at the sides. Use a circular motion, moving slowly from the sides to the center.
4. Continue massaging from the center of your head to the back of your head.
5. Repeat this pattern a total of five times, moving slowly from one spot to another.
6. When done, brush or comb your hair gently.
ASSIGNMENT: Try doing this tonight before going to bed, and in the morning before you start your daily routine.
This way you will increase blood flow in your scalp and also promote growth and healthy hair.
Don’t forget to use your fingertips and opt for an oil if you wish to.