There are a lot of things that I have learned throughout my homemade beauty product adventure. These lessons often came at my own expense when I ruined
products or make mistakes during the DIY process.
I am including these tips so that you don’t have to make the same mistakes!
– Keep ingredients and final products in secure and airtight containers and refrigerate when necessary! This helps to prevent contamination of products and ingredients while also keeping them fresh.
– Wear gloves when you prepare your products. This is because your hands can have bacteria that can contaminate your products.
– Keep countertops and cooking/measuring utensils clean when making your products.
– Keep products and ingredients away from light, heat and moisture so that they are not compromised.
– Remake your products frequently. As I mentioned above, your products won’t contain artificial preservatives to give them an extended shelf life, so you HAVE to remake your products as needed.
– If you suspect that your product is compromised or contaminated in any way (appearance, scent, etc.) don’t use it!
– Try to use natural preservatives when possible to give your products slightly longer shelf life. These products include vitamin E as well as rosemary oil extract.
– If you can’t find an ingredient that you want, or if you want to buy ingredients in bulk, try looking online!
– Keep a small pot and large pot of each of your products so that you are ready to travel or do overnight trips.