You probably do not know all the functions of your oven shelf that you use, so very rarely. This grate is useful not only for frying meat, but also for other purposes in the kitchen.
Discover this trick that you can check out to use your grid more often.
An oven rack is an efficient way to make toast. You just need to put the bread on the grill to heat it up and get nicely toasted toast. This method is faster than a traditional toaster. If you want to speed up the preparation of toast, this is the perfect solution. Remember, however, to put a baking sheet under the oven while cooking the meat, so as not to contaminate the entire oven, which will then be difficult to clean.
Other ways to toast bread without using a toaster
- Toast bread in a pan: Put slices of bread on a preheated pan, if desired, you can add fat. Watch the cooking so the pieces don’t burn.
- Roast your bread over the fire: This technique is suitable for campfires or fireplaces. Hold the slices of bread with a pick or fork and turn them over for even cooking. Be careful not to get burned. This method should be used as a last resort.
- With iron: Some people claim that an iron can also be used to toast bread, but it’s important to check your appliance’s instructions to see if it’s suitable for this use.
An oven is an element that is present in every kitchen, and nothing is easier than cleaning the grate. You probably have these economical and eco-friendly ingredients at home to clean it up.
When cooking, a lot of food spills inside the oven and when the residue dries, it is very difficult to remove it.
Baking soda, which is a universal product in cleaning every home, will also come in handy when cleaning the oven. In addition to cleaning properties, it also absorbs odors, so it can also be used in ovens and grills.
Often the oven becomes dirty during use. To keep it from getting out of control, it’s important to clean it regularly. There is an easy way to remove grease from interior walls in just a few minutes. Start by taking out the grate and plates to clean them separately. Then prepare a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda and dilute it with a little water. Wet the inside of the oven with this mixture, and place the rest of the liquid in a container in the center of the oven. Turn on the oven at 120°C and leave for an hour. After stewing, let it cool down a bit before inserting the sponge inside. The grease should come off easily.
Clean the oven grates
You can then clear the grid:
- Place it on the bottom of a tub or other container, such as a large basin. If you are using a bathtub, it is recommended to place a cloth on the bottom to prevent scratches. Then soak in hot water.
- Then pour in 100 ml of detergent, add baking soda and lemon juice or vinegar in equal amounts and mix well. Leave on for 6-8 hours, ideally overnight.
- In the morning, simply brush the mesh with a sponge or an old toothbrush.
- Finally, wipe with a paper towel.
In addition, there are ovens on the market equipped with new technologies for self-cleaning by catalysis or pyrolysis. Catalytic ovens are more affordable, the inner surface is made of porous enamel, which eliminates the accumulation of fat, after use it is enough to wipe.
Thus, the oven rack has another very useful feature that saves you time every morning when preparing breakfast.
Read also: Why put slices of bread between the shelves in the oven? A little-known trick that makes life easier